Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club has a long and prodigious history of continually improving our Club and its facilities. From the construction of the jetty almost 20 years ago, merger between the Sorrento Sailing Club and the Couta Boat Club a few years later, and the construction of our wonderful Clubhouse more than 10 years ago. This new clubhouse extension project has been well thought out and marks the beginning of a new chapter in our rich history.
The project will provide a world class facility for Members and guests, as well as the wider community on the Mornington Peninsula. Our Club’s focus has always been on creating a family friendly environment that provides a variety of ways to engage with the membership. Participating in sailing, learning to sail and socialisation are all important components of a vibrant, safe and congenial Club environment. Our focus on those elements continues unabated.
This next chapter in our history is significant as it will provide:
- A new sail training facility
- Improved office and administration spaces
- Larger entrance and club foyer
- Increased operations space and boat storage
- Downstairs café, BBQ area and lawn presentation area
- Expanded Members’ lounge
- New larger kitchen
- New Western Deck, including a new bar service area
- New western picnic area and lawn forecourt
“There has never been a more exciting time to be a Member of this great Club – here is how you can help make it happen!”
We are in a strong position to fund this Clubhouse Extension Project. The Finance Sub-Committee, headed by Treasurer Graham Cunningham, has worked hard to crunch the numbers and ensure we can generate the requisite funding that will see this happen. However, we can’t do it alone. The Club is contributing $3m from its reserves which puts us more than half way there. The remaining $2m needs to be raised by July 2018.
There are a number of ways you can contribute and support the Club, including:
- Acquire the exclusive use of a Club Locker (only 50 available) for $18,000 each.
This can be paid in three instalments over 18 months. Should the User cease to be a Member, a refund of the $18,000 locker fee may apply, less $1,500 per year (or part thereof) from the commencement date of the locker agreement. Applications open 26 December 2017 until sold out.
- Acquire a Life Membership (only 20 available).
Ordinary Membership $12,000
Couple Membership $16,500
Life membership is awarded at the discretion of the General Committee and voluntary donations will be taken into account, along with other past contributions and involvement at the Club. As an example, we would encourage Life Members to donate $7,500 for an Ordinary Life Membership and $10,000 for a Couple Life Membership.
New Life Members will have the first right of refusal to take up one of the few Club Lockers available for $18,000. Applications open 26 December 2017.
- Make a (tax deductible) donation to the Club via the Australian Sports Foundation website. Click here to make a donation now.
- Purchase a wall tile. Donors who gift $1,000 or more will be recognised as a significant supporter of this project. Recognition will be by way of a “Wall Tile” bearing the donors name. Donors’ names will be proudly displayed in a prominent position within the new Clubhouse and celebrated by Members and visitors to our Club.
- Donate building materials or services. Please contact myself or the General Manager with detail of any goods or services you may be able to provide.
In the coming weeks there will be more information made available via the weekly e-Tidings and in the Club foyer. Registration Forms will be available so you can nominate which of the contributions outlined above is of most interest to you.
An invitation only VIP fundraising evening will be held based on Registration Forms received. Date to be advised. This event will give you the opportunity to wine and dine with fellow Members, learn more about the Clubhouse Extension Project and find out how you can be part of this exciting next chapter in the Club’s history.
For more information, please email Hollie: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office.