Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club has a long and prodigious history of continually improving our Club and its facilities. From the construction of the jetty almost 20 years ago, merger between the Sorrento Sailing Club and the Couta Boat Club a few years later, and the construction of our wonderful Clubhouse more than 10 years ago. This new clubhouse extension project has been well thought out and marks the beginning of a new chapter in our rich history.
The project will provide a world class facility for Members and guests, as well as the wider community on the Mornington Peninsula. Our Club’s focus has always been on creating a family friendly environment that provides a variety of ways to engage with the membership. Participating in sailing, learning to sail and socialisation are all important components of a vibrant, safe and congenial Club environment. Our focus on those elements continues unabated.
This next chapter in our history is significant as it will provide:
- A new sail training facility
- Improved office and administration spaces
- Larger entrance and club foyer
- Increased operations space and boat storage
- Downstairs café, BBQ area and lawn presentation area
- Expanded Members’ lounge
- New larger kitchen
- New Western Deck, including a new bar service area
- New western picnic area and lawn forecourt
The General Committee and Infrastructure Sub-Committee are continuing to work hard to fine tune the design. It is imperative we get this right to optimize the overall functionality and meet the needs of the expanding Training Centre, administration facilities as well as the kitchen and dining services. We have sought advice from experts in these areas to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved for our Club and our Members.
We would like to thank Club Member Bruce Henderson for the invaluable contribution of his architectural services over more than a decade. Bruce has chosen not to continue in this role, nevertheless it is important to recognize that his service to the Club has been invaluable.
“There has never been a more exciting time to be a Member of this great Club – here is how you can help make it happen!”
We are in a strong position to fund this Clubhouse Improvement Project. The Finance Sub-Committee has worked hard to crunch the numbers and ensure we can generate the requisite funding that will see this happen. However, we can’t do it alone. The Club is contributing $3m from its reserves which puts us more than half way there. Fundraising throughout season 2017/18 has been exceptional. We have made significant headway towards our fundraising target. Our fundraising efforts will continue throughout season 2018/19 and we look forward to keeping you up to date.
There are a number of ways you can contribute and support the Club, including:
- Acquire the exclusive use of a Club Locker (only 50 available) for $18,000 each.
This can be paid in three instalments over 18 months. Should the User cease to be a Member, a refund of the $18,000 locker fee may apply, less $1,500 per year (or part thereof) from the commencement date of the locker agreement.
- Make a (tax deductible) donation to the Club via the Australian Sports Foundation website. Click here to make a donation now.
- Purchase a wall tile (tax deductible). Donors who gift $1,000 or more will be recognised as a significant supporter of this project. Recognition will be by way of a “wall tile” bearing the donor’s name. Donors’ names will be proudly displayed in a prominent position within the new Clubhouse and celebrated by Members and visitors to our Club.
- Donate building materials or services. Please contact myself or the General Manager with detail of any goods or services you may be able to provide.
For more information or get involved in our fundraising campaign, please email Hollie: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office.