- Winter Training – ongoing
- 27/28 July 2019– Match Racing @ Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club
- 17/18 August 2019– Match Racing @ Newcastle Cruising Yacht Club
- 25-28 September 2019– Global Team Racing Regatta 2K Royal Yacht Squadron Cowes
- Oct / Nov 2019 Uni 2K Regatta @ SSCBC
More planned regattas
- April 2020– Baldwin Cup? Newport Harbour Yacht Club
- April 2020 Vic Team Racing Championships (Melb)
- April 2020 SYC Commodores Challenge (Women)
- May 2020 Australian Team Racing Championships (Meb)
- June 2020 Uni 2K Championships (Melb)
- July 2020 Australian Women’s Match Racing Championships (Melb)
SSCBC is anticipating an invitation to compete in the second 2K Global Team Race Regatta from the Royal Yacht Squadron in Cowes after our successful campaign at the Inaugural event at the New York Yacht Club.
Once again, we are taking a squad approach – we want multiple members to join the program – even if not planning to do the Cowes trip. We want to spread the training, development competition and inclusive fun across the club. It was great to have 5 more members in our Tassie 2K Squad and 8 new members in our Mornington Vic Champs Squad.
These Team and Match Racing programs have been a multi-faceted success, not only have we increased the club engagement and participation of our young adults in the program, this has also translated into higher levels of young adult racing and sailing Couta Boats.
These programs have really brought to life the value of inclusion in our sailing strategy. Each of our squad’s teams have been mixed gender and/or mixed generation or life stage. (in the coming weeks we’ll expand on this in e-Tidings)
To find out more, register your interest and join our MR/TR WhatsApp group visit our ‘Teams’ page www.sscbc.com.au/teams