New Wingfoil rules
World Sailing release first Wingfoil Rules.
WS have released a set of test rules that can be used at any event. They will undergo review and development as events use them, what they have done is a great start. There is a lot of practical common-sense changes for Wingfoils, including mark touches, defining the zone as 10 meters, and mark room is the proper course around the mark. Rule 13, while tacking is deleted – you’re simply on port or starboard, Standard 3 minute starting sequences and no individual recalls, it’s a U or Black Flag start. Wing numbers are sorted, competitors wear bibs with 20 cm 3 digit numbers. Penalties are 1 turn, and rule 42 is simple and sorted. Protests are easy – verbal and if it is an elimination series, there is no appeal. So a great set of rules for everyone to test out.
Check them out here
We’re delighted to have the Wingfoils for this regatta, a first for all of us. We have a budding fleet transitioning into Wingfoiling, inspired from RS:X Worlds last year when a lot of those athletes brought their Wingfoils along for fun. We want you to have a great regatta, so if you need any help with anything, please contact jack, David or Ben.
- Join the WhatsApp group to get notifications about the event
- Enter Here
- NOR 2021 WINGFOIL SLALOM
- Notices to Competitors
- Full Results
- Conditions of Entry
- Covid Safe Plan
Other Helpful Links
- Key rule changes for Sailors – This is for boats – we’ll see what we can get for boards soon
- Appendix S – Standard Sailing Instructions
- Appendix T – Arbitration
- Codes of Conduct
- Child Safety
Information about Sorrento and the Mornington Peninsula
- Wooden Boat Shop Chandlery, Boat Repairs, Sailmaker (Geoff – 0477 833 272)
- South Channel live weather (usually over reads by 5 kts compared to our racing area in a southerly)
- High or Low tide at Williamstown corresponds with the tide turning off the club jetty
- SSCBC runs a courtesy bus for members and honorary regatta members
- Beach House Rentals
- Peninsula Holiday Rentals
- Coast and Country Getaways
- Airbnb Sorrento
- Stayz Sorrento
What’s around Sorrento
- Sorrento Township is well serviced by supermarkets, a hardware store and an extensive range of dining, food and shopping
- Closest Petrol Station is in Blairgowrie
- Closest refuelling marina is Queenscliff
- Support Ribs can be launched here and moored on our Med Moorings – We will also have some moorings suitable for rafting a few RHIBS to in suitable conditions.