Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club (SSCBC) is located at the southern end of the Mornington Peninsula and is easily accessible from Melbourne.
Couta Boats are our Club’s signature fleet. There is a long and interesting history about how we, as a Club, have come to celebrate the Couta Boat. As historical fishing boats, now raced most weekends, Couta Boats are an integral part of our Club, our sponsor relationships, and most importantly, our culture.
Awarded the 2015/16 Australian and Victorian Yacht Club of the Year, SSCBC enjoys a passionate and friendly, family based membership with large and competitive fleets of off-the-beach dinghies, catamarans, couta boats and keelboats.
Our Clubhouse, sandy beaches, expansive lawns, superb sailing conditions and first class dining facilities provide an opportunity for members and their guests to relish in some recreation time at Sorrento.
With prevailing offshore sea breezes, flat water and ideal sailing conditions, Sorrento is ideal for all dinghies, sailboards and off the beach boats.
The Club has hosted many successful national and international regattas in recent years, including:
- 2018 WASZP Nationals
- 2018 Victorian Youth Championships
- 2018 420’s and 9ers Victorian Championships
- 2017 505 Victorian Championships
- 2017 420 / 29er / 49erFX / 49er State Championships
- 2017 Tasar State Championships
- 2015 World Moth Championships
- 2014 Australian Youth Championships
- 2014 470 National Championships
- 2013 420 National Championships
- 2013 Minnow National Championships and Victorian Laser Championships
- 2012 Laser State Championships, Optimist State Titles and OAMPS Youth Regatta
- 2011 Tornado and Windsurfer OD National Championships and Victorian OAMPS Youth Regatta
- 2010 470, Flying Dutchman, Finn, Jubilee and OK Dinghy National Championships, Victorian OAMPS Youth Regatta
- 2009 Minnow National Championships and Laser Port Phillip Regatta
- 2008 49er World Championships
- 2008 29er World Championships
The Club has a large, modern clubhouse with expansive decks overlooking Port Phillip Bay.
The Club welcomes members and their guests.
Watch the below video to view footage of our Club.