Opening Day – Saturday 14 November
- 0900 Tender Service operating
- 1100 Race Sailing Instructions posted via WhatsApp – printouts available
- 1300 Race Committee Vessels, Couta Boats, OTB and Launches assemble off X & Y marks
- 13:05 Race Management Vessel Sail Past
- 13:10 Couta Boat Sail Past – Div 1 then Div 2
- 13:15 OTB Sail Past – Lead by
- 13:20 Member Launches Sail Past – Lead by April
- Couta Boat Warning Signal ASAP for Passage Race
- OTB Warning Signal ASAP for Back to Back races
Following racing, the OTB fleet are invited to enjoy a sausage sizzle on the hard stand. Couta Boat sailors will gather in groups of 10 maximum, on the Western lawn for a sausage sizzle.
Q: How many people allowed on a Couta Boat?
A: It depends; 1.5 meters must be maintained 90% of the time so that probably means three people to windward and one person to leeward would be about the limit for Div 1 and for a Div 2, it is probably two people to windward and oine person to leeward.
Q: Why have someone to leeward?
A: They can share the workload and they can get out for a sail.
Q: How can you race like that?
A: It depends; we know that safe limits around wind and sea conditions will be lower and that the courses need to be less demanding than typical start lines and windward leeward courses – Short-handed and exciting don’t mix well.
Q: How do I enter my Couta Boat?
A: Go to https://sscbc.com.au/coutaboats/ and tap on Enter here to register via Topyacht, get your Crew Register started and complete your Safety Declaration.
Q: How do I enter my Off the Beach boat?
A: Go to https://sscbc.com.au/otb/ and enter the Fred Allen Series