She Sails and Match Races is a strategic program to support women to stay more connected to sailing at the Club and ensuring they all have opportunities to all the roles.
We have access to a couple of Jubilees and a coaching team with specialist skills in trim, boat handling, crew structure and communication, rules, micro tactics, anticipation and “the dance”.
Grace Cockman is leading a team of Members to activate and energise the program, encouraging women to participate in all the roles. You can find Grace’s details in the NOR (link below).
A few COVID-19 issues have delayed things, but the following program is being implemented:
- Pop up and scheduled training
- Rule changes for match racing and the tactics to exploit them
- Webinar sessions to quickly bring people up to speed
- Away regattas in Sydney or Pittwater
- Planning to engage with more women from clubs around the bay
- Clini-gattas half clinic, half regatta events at the club.
Our NOR and SIs are as close to the standard ones used in Match Racing around the World so that our training includes all the requirements and routines of a Grade 1 event.