Welcome to Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club (SSCBC).
As a Club, we feel very fortunate to be given the opportunity to host major regattas such as the 2020 Youth Championships, and we warmly welcome all competitors and their families to SSCBC. Our prevailing offshore sea breezes, flat water and perfect sailing conditions provide ideal sailing for all dinghies, sailboards and off the beach boats. Our large membership base provides us with a generous group of skilled volunteers who enable SSCBC to host major events such as this. They take great pride in welcoming visiting sailors and I’m sure you will see many smiling faces around the Club to assist you in every way possible.
During your visit to the Club, you may notice we have the largest fleet of Couta boats in Australia, and they are raced competitively most weekends from November to June. I particularly enjoy watching the next generation take the helm so to speak, so that they too can enjoy sailing these iconic boats into the future. Another aspect of our Club particularly close to my heart is the warm, welcoming and inclusive nature of our Training Centre. Throughout summer, school holidays and weekends throughout most of the year, you will find our junior and youth sailors making the most of their time on the water, learning to sail or continuing to progress through the more competitive off the beach stages of racing, many of whom are competing at this regatta.
I wish you safe sailing and an enjoyable time while you are visiting SSCBC.
Commodore, Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club
From the Rear Commodore and Club Captain
SSCBC is proud to be the host Club for this regatta and we look forward to providing a fantastic sailing event in the waters off Sorrento and encourage you to utilise our Club and its facilities to make yourself feel at home. Here at SSCBC we pride ourselves on our reputation of proudly hosting a number of Club, class, national and world regattas that are strongly supported by our experienced and professional race management teams, volunteers and staff.
Below is an outline of useful links within our local area. If there is anything we can do to assist you prior to or during the event, please contact the main office at the Club on 5984 8200. We look forward to seeing you at the AYC.
Rear Commodore and Club Captain, Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club
Information about Sorrento and the Mornington Peninsula
- Wooden Boat Shop Chandlery, Boat Repairs, Sailmaker (Geoff – 0477 833 272)
- South Channel live weather (usually over reads by 5 kts compared to our racing area in a southerly)
- High or Low tide at Williamstown corresponds with the tide turning off the club jetty
- SSCBC runs a Courtesy Bus for members and honorary regatta members after racing
- Camping Next to the Club
- Beach House Rentals
- Peninsula Holiday Rentals
- Coast and Country Getaways
- Airbnb Sorrento
- Stayz Sorrento
What’s around Sorrento
- Sorrento Township is well serviced by supermarkets, a hardware store and an extensive range of dining, food and shopping
- Closest Petrol Station is in Blairgowrie
- Closest refuelling marina is Queenscliff
- Support Ribs can be launched here For mooring information during this regatta please contact SSCBC Sailing Manager, Ben Fels